
Jean and I Metroed back to The Willard, collected our luggage, and took a taxi up to the
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters near Dupont Circle, in the District's northwest quadrant. We were near Embassy Row.
After settling in, we walked over to Julia's Empanadas for some food. It was a hole in the wall, but highly rated. And the empanadas
were baked with love. And deliciousness.
With a bit of fuel in me, I ventured into the heat and humidity in search of some photographs. I Metroed down to the National Mall and took some shots at the Washington Monument, the World War II Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial. Though it was nearing midnight, neither the heat nor the crowds showed signs of dissipation.
I did my best and made my way back to the Beacon. I was all manner of thirsty and a wee bit hungry, so I was happy to see Julia's was still open after midnight. The street front along Connecticut Ave. that had been quiet hours before was now throbbing with twenty-somethings cruising and clubbing it up. A throng of hipsters flooded the sidewalk, keen to get into the thump-club next to Julia's. Tightly dressed young ladies were stacked several deep buying empanadas to help them pass the time waiting for admission into the club.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.