I had the chance to meet up with an actual student from my PAEMST video while in DC. Her family moved from Sacramento to Pennsylvania during the interval between PAEMST 2011 application submission and the award announcement.Jean and I Metroed a couple of stops up the Red Line to the Smithsonian Institution's National Zoo, where we met Rio Phyz alum, Morgan Lambert and her friend Stephanie Portmann. They left early that morning to ride a series of trains from Chambersburg, PA.
We toured the zoo, making it through the bird house, panda exhibit, big cats, orangutans, and elephant space. As was true of all the days I was in DC, it was hot and humid. (Some days, records were set.)
After a few hours at the zoo, Steph and Morgan set out for Georgetown Cupcake before heading back to Chambersburg. They were on a mission.Jean and I stayed at the zoo and shot as many animals as we could for the rest of the day.
As a photographer, I enjoyed the Invertebrates more than most zoo visitors. Chasing the butterflies in the Pollinarium was great fun.Among the big cats, the tigers proved elusive. But I did get a couple of nice yawning lioness shots.
The zoo trail ends at Amazonia's watery and tropical exhibit space. Then it was back up the hill and onto the Metro. We dined at the Shake Shack on our way back to The Beacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.