Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Certificates and a Postal Mutilation

I received this certificate from the California Department of Education shortly after the phone call from Tom Torlakson in June, 2011.

I received this certificate from the Council of State Science Supervisors in July.


I displayed the one from from the CDE on my Wall of Ego. But the one from CSSS, though lovely and appreciated, seemed redundant. So I kept it in a safe place.

The one from the CDE was preceded by a letter. Like anyone else, I get a lot of postal mail. Most of it bearing little interest or personal value. Lots of mail. The one letter I ever got from Superintendent of Public Instruction, Tom Torlakson? Mutilated:

About 20% of the letter was torn off and gone. Eaten by a sorting machine, perhaps. 

Imagine if were into superstition or omens! I'm sure I would have given up on any prospects of advancement at that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.