While at the CSTA's annual conference in San Jose this weekend, I got the chance to prepare a page I've been thinking about.
California 7-12 Science PAEMST Awardees: 1983-2011
I was nominated by 1989's Steven Keith. I work with him and with 1987's Paul Robinson on PTSOS. I knew the late Andria Erzberger (1991) as a colleague; we actually rode a roller coaster together at Great America once upon a time. I barely knew 1983's Art Farmer.
Of course I color-coded the table. Green for biology/life science teachers. Blue for Earth science/environment teachers. Orange for chemistry teachers. Purple for physics teachers. Yellow for middle school/everything/technology teachers. Gray is for those I haven't figured out yet. I think I met Linda Dixon and I really should know what she taught.
Turns out that among the 25, I'm painfully typical. Physics teachers dominate, although it had been a while since the last one (1997). And Sacramento! I'm the third awardee from the capital. The fourth, really (Orangevale is Sacramento—just out far enough to still have roosters announcing the sunrise every day).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.