Monday, June 11, 2012

The Winner Is...

Me! (Well, me and 96 other teachers from across the nation.) Specifically, I am the winning science teacher from the great state of California.

White House Press Release

National Science Foundation Fact Sheet

Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching
Website Information about the program
Recognition Page Awardees • Agenda • Registration & Logistics • Logistics
2011 Recipients List All 97 PAEMST honorees with reflections and professional biographies
Personal Biography Page Me!

Devotchka instrumental from Little Miss Sunshine

In large part, the announcement did nothing to change anything about the day. I knew it would be incumbent upon me to share the news to anyone who might wish to know. Sure, it would have been nice if confetti fell from the ceiling when I walked into school's administration building, but that thing's been busted since the '90s.

The one "intrusion" of an altered reality was a flurry of email notices from Twitter. I have a Twitter account to stay informed about things and stuff when I'm at TAM (The Amazing Meeting) or AAPT Summer Meetings. And I'm pretty sure I'm not even doing that right. Outside those meetings, I really don't tweet. So I felt bad: all these kind folks following me, and me not being much of a tweeter. But that did nothing to diminish the elation of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.