The 2011 PAEMST application required the submission of a videotaped lesson as delivered in the classroom. The length was not to exceed 45 minutes. And there were to be edits or breaks; not stopping and restarting the recorder. Simply one continuous shot. The application stated a need to see students' faces in addition to the teacher's lesson.
So the shooting conditions were non-ideal. If one were hoping to produce a slick representation of the lesson, one would use multiple angles, sophisticated microphones, etc. Nonetheless, here is the video that I submitted, as recorded by my ace videographer and then-Rio student, Amir Khazaieli.
PAEMST Video - Why The Sky is Blue - Dean Baird
In my own assessment, I think I was pretty stiff and unnatural. I had never recorded a class before, so the students were not entirely at ease with a camera locking in on them. Thankfully, the lesson was robust, and it went well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.